Please note: You have been flagged as a visitor from outside of Canada. We do not yet service your region.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is RESTORA-PLUS?
- Restora Direct will protect you against unexpected and potentially costly repair bills for all your home appliances and home systems.
- What does it cover?
- Range/Oven/Cooktop (gas or electric)
- Built-in Microwave Oven
- Garbage Disposal, Garburator or Insinkerator
- Trash Compactor
- Clothes Washer
- Clothes Dryer
- Garage Door Opener
- Deep Freezer
Home Systems Included:
- Owned Water Heater
- Interior Electrical
- Air Conditioning
- Heat Pump
- Sump Pump
- Heating System/Built-in Wall Unit (Primary source of heat for the residence)
- How much does it cost and how long does coverage last?
Package Price Financing 12 Month Appliances only $269.00 plus applicable taxes $22.42/mo (less than 90¢ per day) Apply Now! 12 Month Appliance and Home systems $419.00 plus applicable taxes $34.92/mo (less than $1.30 per day) Apply Now!
- What qualifications are necessary for coverage?
- Home must be under 10,000 square feet.
- Home owner listed on the policy must reside at the residence for a minimum of 6 months during the term.
- Home Appliances and Home Systems must be in good working order and maintained accordingly to qualify for coverage.
- When does coverage begin?
- The insurance is active 15 days after payment.
- Are there any specific product limits?
Yes. The following items have specific maximum limits per policy period:
- Appliances: $5,000
Home Systems: $10,000
- $3,000 – Air conditioning and Heat pump
- $1,500 Hot water or steam circulating system
- 3 years old or less - Full Replacement with a unit of like and kind up to the limits stated above.
- 4 years old with original receipt – 75% or $250 buyout for home appliance or $500 buyout for home system without receipt.
- 5 years old with original receipt – 75% or $250 buyout for home appliance or $500 buyout for home system without receipt.
- 6 years or older - $250 buyout for home appliance or $500 buyout for home system.
- Can RESTORA-PLUS be purchased and given as a gift?
- Yes – With No Age Restrictions on the Appliances or Systems, No Pre-Inspection required, No Deductibles or Service Call Fees, RESTORA-PLUS is the perfect gift for your family and loved ones! Apply Now!
- If I have 2 fridges or 2 washers and dryers are they all covered?
- No – If you have more than one of the same appliance or system the warranty covers the first one that is repaired.
- Is there a limit on the number of times an appliance or system can be fixed?
- No – there is no limit on how many repairs you can have for your home appliances or home systems as long as they are within the warranty limits of $5000 per year Max for Home Appliances and $10,000 per year for Home Systems.
- Are there coverage exclusions?
- Yes – As with any type of insurance there are exclusions for certain things like rust, corrosion, freezing or maintenance etc. (please refer to insurance wordings).
- How do we pay?
- Option #1 – Visa/Mastercard Debit Card
- Option #2 – VISA or MasterCard
- Option #3 - Monthly Financing
- Who is Northbridge General Insurance Corporation? (Underwriter)
- Northbridge General Insurance Corporation is a Canadian insurance company which holds an A.M. Best strength rating of “A - Excellent” and is a subsidiary of Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited.
- What is the claims process? How do I make a claim and what happens after I do?
If you have a problem with any of the covered products you must contact our claims department, at 1-855-666-7788 (press 2), before doing any repairs. Unauthorized repairs are not covered. Our claims department accepts calls 24/7 and can operate in a number of different languages.
A technician will schedule an appointment within a reasonable timeframe during regular business hours (8am-5pm). Special effort will be made to expedite emergency situations.
- Does the insurance cover parts and labour?
- Yes, parts and labour are covered.
- If the product is still under manufacturers warranty does coverage still apply?
- The Manufacturer’s warranty is considered to be primary coverage. Meaning the manufacturer will respond first. We will pay for covered repair expenses in excess of the manufacturer’s warranty up to the limits of our RESTORA-PLUS insurance .
- Is there a deductible or service fee when a claim is made?
- No – With RESTORA-PLUS you never pay Deductibles or Service Call Fees!
- Can the customer choose the repair centre?
- We prefer to use our approved technicians to ensure prompt and quality repairs. If the customer has a preferred service technician, they must first request this to the claims administrator for approval prior to work being done. Unauthorized repairs will not be covered.
- Is there coverage for rental properties?
Remember it’s not “IF” a breakdown will happen, it’s “WHEN” it will happen.
Don’t let unexpected and costly repairs jeopardize your families upcoming vacation!
Protect yourself today with Restora Direct Home Appliance & Home Systems Protection Plan.